"I'm just so busy...not working, but busy playing, because work is play when it's something you like." -Andy Warhol

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Happy July everyone! In years past the 4th of July has always marked the official start of summer for me but now it feels more like summer is half over (yikes)! Growing up, my family and I always spent our summers in Maine and oh what great summers they were! The 4th of July has ALWAYS been one of my favorite, if not my favorite holiday. After barbecuing with family, my siblings, parents, cousins, aunt, etc and I would head down to the beach to watch a GIANT fireworks display. But, not before we ate pop rocks and shared some sparklers together. It was so much fun!


The fireworks were always my favorite part. I just thought...
they were so cool! A few years ago, the beach that we watched the fireworks from had to cancel the display because of the piping plover bird (an endangered specie) that nested on the beach. While I'm all about saving our animals, I was so disappointed! However, one of the nice, wealthy families of the beach chartered a barge and set off fireworks on the barge in the ocean! Our sacred 4th of July festivities prevailed!

Over the years I've noticed my family's 4th of July festivities becoming less and less and I miss those fun times on the beach! However, I'm confident that with each new year,comes something new and fun to do for the holiday. My parents sold our camp in Maine last year and so there was no trip to Maine planned for this year :(  Sometimes it's nice to just relax at home, and it also gave me the opportunity to go out with friends to see fireworks! It was a lot of fun to ... 1.) people watch  (one of my favorite things to do...in a discrete way of course!) and ....2.) Catch up and share a laugh!
Albany is eggcelent

Even with how hot, sweaty and crowded
it was I had a great time with friends:)
My favorite part of the night!


Sooo today I realized that because the 4th has come and gone it is really time for me to get moving on all of my project ideas I have planned for this summer. I finally have a theme/decorative idea planned for my classroom and I can't wait to share it with you (more on that tomorrow)! It's going to be a lot of work (and fun) but I'm up for the challenge :) Hopefully I can recruit some family members and friends to help out ;)
Until next time...

xoxo Christina Lee

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready to make the trip to Liverpool and help!

    ReplyDelete